Swastika: An Auspicious Sign in Asia – Asana: postureSwastikasana is a seated posture which prepares our mind and body to start a yoga practice. It is a posture that instills meditative qualities when done properly.
- Sit with the shin bones crossing each other (refrain from crossing the ankles)
- Bring skin from the buttocks backward
- Roll the thighs out equally
- Feel the sit bones equally in contact with the floor
- Roll the metatarsals of the feet to the mat and release any tensions in the inner knees by rolling the thighs out
- Move the sacrum in the body
- Lift the sides of trunk up
- Shoulders should go back and down
- Bring scapulae toward each other
- Elongate the sides of the neck
- Lift the head from the base of the occipital bone
- Relax the jaw and tongue
- Gaze at one point in front of you
- Eyeballs should work with the gravity
- Wear a gentle smile on the face
- Feel the breath and mentally prepare yourself for the yoga asanas.
Interested in joining our Yoga Teacher Training?
We have limited openings, so enroll now